To start off we pick up from your accommodation and return you back at the end of the day.
- The pickup is usually between 7.15am - 7.45am depending on where you are staying
- We arrive back to Cairns City between 6:00 – 6:30 pm.
Our Itinerary Includes:
Departure from Cairns to travel the Gillies Highway climbing 730 metres above sea level into the amazing Atherton Tablelands.
Just before the top of the amazing Gillies Range is a short photo oportunity at the Heales Lookout looking back down the Mulgrave Valley.
Our first stop is beautiful Lake Barrine Crater Lake National Park where the Options A & B enjoy a delicious freshly baked scones with jam & cream accompanied by locally grown & freshly brewed Tea and coffee (unlimited cup refills).
- Then the Option A pax depart on a 40 minute guided wild life cruise on the lake.
- The Option B & C pax can relax in the Tea House overlooking the Crater Lake or take a leisurely walk through the National Park rainforest walking tracks viewing two 1000 year old Kauri Pines.
We all then meet back onto the bus & travel through extensive beef, dairy, sugar cane & other diverse types of farming areas & small villages.
Next stop is The Curtain Fig Tree, an amazing feat of nature reaching 45+ metres up into the tropical rainforest canopy. This is a board walk with plenty of time for photographs of the 600-800 year old epiphyte.
After a 30 minute drive through the Malanda dairy lands we arrive at the Millaa Millaa Falls - with the option of swimming under the cool waters falling 20 metres over an ancient volcanic lava flow from over 1 million years ago.
We then descend from the Tablelands down the Palmerstone Highway through sugar cane & banana fields to the coastal town of Innisfail.
- On arrival we begin our delicious Lunch at Roscoe's all you can eat Hot buffet for Option A & B pax.
- There are other food outlets available for the Option C pax.
Paronella Park is the next destination with a 45 minute guided tour in English, Chinese or Japanese of the extensive National Trust Gardens. We spend approximately one and a half to two hours here. If passengers are requiring more time, please feel free to approach your driver to arrange for this. This is where you will learn of Hosea Paronella's wonderful achievements & His colourful history of how he built his Spanish Castle in the rainforest.
After a quick stop at a local banana farm where you can purchase cheap bananas, papaya & seasonal home grown fruit, we continue north bound along the coastal road through sugar cane fields.
From there it is an appro a 50-60 minute drive back to the city of Cairns & return to your accommodation.
Tour Options & Pricing Frequently Asked Questions Book Now